While the meeting actually started last evening with the opening reception at the Library of Congress, today the programs,committee & SIS meetings, and exhibits start or have already started. I’m exhibiting this year which will be new for me – if you are here at the conference, stop by and say hello.
I also exhibited at the SLA meeting and found that I couldn’t make it to very many programs. I’m hoping to get to a few here. There are so many to choose from. Today’s programs that caught my eye are:
- A-1 Making Your ILS Web 2.0 Happy
- A-2 Beyond Copyright? How License Agreements and Digital Rights Management Pose Challenges to Fair Use and the Provision of Electronic or Media Services
- A-6 Here Today, Gone Tomorrow? The Future of Print Periodicals in Law Libraries
- B-2 Success for the Future: Creating and Implementing a Library Succession Plan
- PLL-SIS Program Nuts and Bolts of Competitive Intelligence: CI in the Small Firm Environment
- C-3 Latest Trends in Library Automation:Building Creative and Inspiring Discovery Platforms
- C-6 Running a Business: Practical MBA Solutions for Your Library
- CS-SIS Hot Topic Blogger Connie Crosby on Why Why Librarians Should Care About Emerging Technologies
Now I have to pick the one that I get to leave the booth to attend. Tough decision! I’ll report later on whatever I learn.